Thursday 22 July 2010

The Patti Theatre

My audience applaud after my rendition of Calon Lân. I reluctantly sang on Adelina’s stage. For a moment as the strangers clapped and cheered I felt like the Victorian superstar.

The audience were invited to participate in a sound piece. Each person was asked to climb on stage with me, kneel by my side at the alter facing the painted stage curtain of Adelina in La Sonambula. A marriage takes place. A ceremony between myself, the stranger and Adelina.

I ask the stranger to quote Adelina, who on hearing her own voice recorded for the first time exclaimed that she now understood why she was loved.

1 comment:

  1. We - 4 Dutch friends- were there by coincidense in the Craig-Y-Nos castle and its Patti theatre!
    You just opened your art work. We offered our voices and participated without any holdback. You on the other hand sang a very beutifull piece of music. All because of the enthousiatic way we were there in that theatre (with another Welsh couple later on).
    We exchanged voices in a spontanious way. We were both rewarded with a special feeling that Patti would have embrased.
    Now "we" understand it all!!!
    great performance !!!
    Cees

    ReplyDelete