Sunday 18 July 2010

Home Sweet Home

Sunday Morning: 5am

The drizzly rain softly hits my face and body as I embrace the clock tower. The drunk dancers have gone. The silence I had longed for last night is with me. I am free to play. My legs and arms cling to the stone surface. I kiss and caress the building. My velvety green dress is soaked and clings to me like a second skin. Like a moss covered stone I grip the castle.

The porter is watching me in the fountain. I climb the ornate, gold fishes to have a kiss with the embellished gold heron. We embrace. I kiss all four gold fishes on their cold gold lips.

Two stone lions flank the main entrance. I share a long embrace with both. A kiss on their stony mane follows the cwtch.

Finally, I kneel at the Castles main entrance. Arms sprawled so that they nearly reach both side of the doorway. My face rests on the cold, wet marble. I close my eyes and meditatively contemplate this building. Caressing the steps. I part the building with three extra kisses for each step.

The castle is now blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment